In the current rapid transformation of ocean observations, SCOOT is the Swedish node and enabler. We focus on small and innovative companies in automation, sensor technology, communication and adjacent areas of ocean technology. SCOOT provides ocean expertise and infrastructure (ships, autonomous platforms, instruments, sensors, workshop), to researchers, entrepreneurs and SMEs. Together we create a dynamic environment with collaboration and problem solving!
Behind SCOOT is a consortium consisting of University of Gothenburg, MMT Sweden AB and Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute. External funding comes from European Regional Development Fund.
“Lead Active People In Transformation”
- Technological, operational, scientific, industrial and commercial lead come together.
- It is essential that Sweden takes an active part in the ongoing and rapid transformation of ocean observations.
- The key components are people: entrepreneurs, engineers, technicians, managers, students, researchers.
- Ocean observation is in transformation, automation and robotics are strong drivers.
- Sebastiaan Swart (chair), University of Gotheburg
- Anna Willstrand Wranne, Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute
- Ola Oskarsson, MMT Sweden AB
- Thomas Mennerdahl, MMT Sweden AB
- Anna Wåhlin, University of Gothenburg
- Jessica Hjerpe Olausson, Region of Västra Götaland
- Mikael Hägg, Research Institutes of Sweden
- Åsa Burman, Lighthouse
- Fredrik von Elern, Swedish Maritime Technology Forum