Thanks everyone who visited us!
Images from SMHI's workshop:
Images from M/S Askholkmen:
“Robots giving YOU data from the ocean”
10 am – 4 pm, SMHI, Nya Varvet (Sven Källfelts gata 15), Gothenburg. Open workshop, demonstrations and presentations. Meet the experts and technicians, see the robots and the data they deliver. Come and discuss with us about how SCOOT can help you to realize your ideas. SCOOT open house is part of #gbgtechweek and #EUinmyregion.
Several of our ocean robots are delayed in transit/maintenance after mission in the Southern Ocean. The survey with M/S Askholmen will take place around Nya Varvet.
- 10 am: SMHI workshop opens and stays open until 4 pm. Coffee and snack. Here the SMHI technicians work, the ones who make the Swedish marine environmental monitoring possible!
- 10 am – 2 pm: Join MMT and M/S Askholmen for a mini bottom surveying around Nya Varvet. Takes approximately 30 minutes.
- 11 am: What is SCOOT? Why was AUV Ran first with going under the doomsday glacier (and making it back!)? Presentation and questions in the workshop.
- 12 pm: Test a floating drifter – simple platforms giving a lot of information! We deploy a Carthe drifter in the harbour.
- 2 pm: Test ASV (autonomous surface/sailing vessel) – extremely robust platform, which can carry many advanced sensors! We deploy SB Kringla (Sailbuoy) in the harbour.
- 3 pm: (For those who missed the morning.) What is SCOOT? Why was AUV Ran first under the doomsday glacier (and making it back!)? Presentation and questions in the workshop.